For Megaport customers looking for IP Transit connectivity, the ability to burst, and use without a term limit, we are now offering a new service option. This new service extension allows us to offer customers the option to add our IP Transit service to their existing Megaport services.
All enterprises using hybrid or virtual environments via one or more of the major hyper-scale providers.
A customer needs additional capacity and is currently a Megaport end user:
- The customer is currently colocated in an Xfernet off-net facility. Megaport on net.
- The customer wants connectivity with little to no-commit, the ability to burst, and short term use.
- Xfernet uses Megaport to deliver IP Transit service to the end-user via a VXC between data centers.
- Megaport VXC is used as a last-mile means to deliver Xfernet’s network to the end-user.
- End user now has a network that they can completely control the usage of even with diverse carriers.
In the typical situation, the customer contacts a carrier in the data center and commits to a port. The administrative and provisioning process can take on average 30 days or more to be on net.
The traditional sales process is very time consuming – quoting is not streamlined and turnaround time is long for responses, capacity verifications, sales engineering, etc…
With Megaport + Xfernet, customers sign up for an Xfernet circuit and then simply go into the Megaport portal, order a virtual cross-connect to Xfernet and be on net within the same day.
BENEFITS OF MEGAPORT + XFERNET
Build connections faster
- Connecting to Xfernet’s IP Transit service through the Megaport platform allows Network Managers to further expand on their Megaport services and do more with a single solution.
- Procuring connectivity quickly through streamlined provisioning and ordering process with Xfernet’s pre-configured circuits.
- Transit service available within hours of the acceptance of Xfernet T&C and LOA with a streamlined provisioning and ordering process vs. traditional carrier services.
- Pay for usage of IP Transit through Xfernet’s Tier 2 Network.
Move data further
- Transit on Xfernet’s Tier 2 global IP backbone is designed to be highly scalable, fully customizable with unparalleled performance.
Be more agile
- Megaport + Xfernet both offer on demand services that allow customers to scale and add capacity as needed.
- Xfernet offers zero commit and no terms providing a flexible solution for the customer’s business needs.
Simple and cost-effective process
- Easily contact Xfernet for transit service through Megaport’s Marketplace.
- Lower fee for virtual cross-connects of a 10G port within the metro area vs. a higher Layer 1 cross connect fees within a single data center.
- No hardware required.
Contact us today to learn more about how you can add IP Transit to your existing Megaport service.